Directions: There are 30 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
21. The fifth generation computers, with artificial intelligence, ________ and perfected now.
B) have developed
C) are being developed
D) will have been developed（C）
22. This ticket ________ you to a free meal in our new restaurant.
23. You ________ her in her office last Friday; she's been out of town for two weeks.
A) needn't have seen
B) must have seen
C) might have seen
D) can't have seen（D）
24. That was so serious a matter that I had no choice but ________ the police.
A) called in
B) calling in
C) call in
D) to call in（D）
25. She was so ________ in her job that she didn't hear anybody knocking at the door.
26. ________ as it was at such a time, his work attracted much attention.
A) Being published
D) To be published（B）
27. At first, the speaker was referring to the problem of pollution in the country, but halfway in her speech, she suddenly ________ to another subject.
28. It is politely requested by the hotel management that radios ________ after 11 o'clock at night.
A) were not played
B) not to play
C) not be played
D) did not play（C）
29. Although I like the appearance of the house, what really made me decide to buy it was the beautiful ________ through the window.
30. Cancer is second only ________ heart disease as a cause of death.
31. Despite the wonderful acting and well-developed plot the ________ movie could not hold our attention.
32. The manager needs an assistant that he can ________ to take care of problems in his absence.
A) count on
B) count in
C) count up
D) count out（A）
33. The organization had broken no rules, but ________ had it acted responsibly.
34. We gave out a cheer when the red roof of the cottage came ________ view.
35. They took ________ measures to prevent poisonous gases from escaping.
36. Doing your homework is a sure way to improve your test scores, and this is especially true ________ it comes to classroom tests.
37. Careful surveys have indicated that as many as 50 percent of patients do not take drugs ________ directed.
38. In developing countries people are ________ into overcrowded cities in great numbers.
39. It's reported that by the end of this month the output of cement in the factory ________ by about 10%.
A) will have risen
B) has risen
C) will be rising
D) has been rising（A）
40. If I had remembered ________ the window, the thief would not have got in.
A) to close
C) to have closed
D) having closed（A）
41. There are other problems which I don't propose to ________ at the moment.
A) go into
B) go around
C) go for
D) go up（A）
42. Don't get your schedule ________; stay with us in this class.
A) to change
43. It is quite necessary for a qualified teacher to have good manners and ________ knowledge.
44. Jean doesn't want to work right away because she thinks that if she ________ a job she probably wouldn't be able to see her friends very often.
A) has to get
B) were to get
C) had got
D) could have got（B）
45. I felt somewhat disappointed and was about to leave, ________ something occurred which attracted my attention.
46. A love marriage, however, does not necessarily ________ much sharing of interests and responsibilities.
A) take over
B) result in
C) hold on
D) keep to（B）
47. The ability to store knowledge makes computers different form every other machine ________ invented.
48. I'm not sure whether I can gain any profit from the investment, so I can't make a(n) ________ promise to help you.
49. I have kept that portrait ________ I can see it every day, as it always reminds me of my university days in London.
50. The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally ________ because of the bad weather.
A) set off
B) broken off
C) worn off
D) called off（D）
分享于 2011-07-09 03:01:00