41. Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was busy ________ for her examination.
A) to prepare
B) to be prepared
D) being prepared（C）
42. Five minutes earlier, ________ we could have caught the last train.
D) an order（A）
43. I cannot give you ________ for the type of car you sell because there is no demand for it in the market.
A) an expense
B) a charge
C) a purchase
D) an order（D）
44. After ________ for the job, you will be required to take a language test.
A) being interviewed
D) having interviewed（A）
45. By the end of this month, we surely ________ a satisfactory solution to the problem.
A) have found
B) will be finding
C) will have found
D) are finding（C）
46. Mr. Wilson said that he did not want to ________ any further responsibilities.
A) take on
B) get on
C) put up
D) look up（A）
47. Having no money but ________ to know, he simply said he would go without dinner.
A) not to want anyone
B) not wanting anyone
C) wanted no one
D) to want no one（B）
48. We desire that the tour leader ________ us immediately of any change in plans.
D) has informed（A）
49. Not ________, the process of choosing names varies widely from culture to culture.
50. A man escaped from the prison last night. It was a long time ________ the guards discovered what had happened.
51. In the experiment we kept a watchful eye ________ the developments and recorded every detail.
52. There's little chance that mankind would ________ a nuclear war.
53. Nuclear science be developed to benefit the people ________ harm them.
A) more than
B) other than
C) rather than
D) better than（C）
54. They usually have less money at the end of the month than ________ at the beginning.
A) which is
B) which was
C) they have
D) it is（C）
55. In the course of a day students do far more than just ________ classes.
C) to attend
56. The French pianist who had been praised very highly ________ to be a great disappointment.
A) turned up
B) turned in
C) turned out
D) turned down（C）
57. Many difficulties have ________ as a result of the change over to a new type of fuel.
58. He made such a ________ contribution to the university that they are naming one of the new buildings after him.
59. Helen was much kinder to her youngest child than she was to the others, of course, made the others jealous.
60. In the advanced course students must take performance tests at monthly ________.
61. Mr. Johnson preferred ________ heavier work to do.
A) to be given
B) to be giving
C) to have given
D) having given（A）
62. I remember ________ to help us if we ever got into trouble.
A) once offering
B) him once offering
C) him to offer
D) to offer him（B）
63. We regret to inform you that the materials you ordered are ________.
A) out of work
B) out of stock
C) out of reach
D) out of practice（B）
64. Our company decided to ________ the contract because a number of the conditions in it had not been met.
65. She is ________ a musician than her brother.
A) much of
B) much as
C) more of
D) more as（A）
66. Having been found guilty, the man was given a severe ________ by the judge.
67. ________ is known to the world, Mark Twain is great American writer.
68. The residents, ________ had been damaged by the flood, were given help by the Red Cross.
A) all their homes
B) all whose homes
C) all of whose homes
D) all of their homes（C）
69. You can't afford to let the situation get worse. You must take ________ to put it right.
70. Look at the terrible situation I am in! If only I ________ your advice.
B) had followed
C) would follow
D) have followed（B）
分享于 2011-07-09 03:01:00