41. Language has always been-as the phrase goes-the mirror to society. English is no ________.
42. An investigation was made into the accident, ________ fifty people were killed.
A) for that
D) in which（A）
43. Some confusion has ________ about who can join the association.
44. It was unwise of him to ________ the unreliable data in his speech.
A) add to
B) refer to
C) keep to
D) point to（A）
45. The money will be used to keep a space vehicle on the moon busy ________ back to the earth photographs and other information about the surface of the moon.
A) to send
B) being sent
C) to be sent
46. The ceremony was not for the ________ of the dead, but for the comfort of the living.
47. Even if I had known her address, I ________ time to write to her.
A) can not have had
B) will not have had
C) must not have had
D) might not have had（C）
48. It suddenly occurred to Anne that money couldn't ________ all that Bob had suffered in the past five years.
A) make up for
B) make out
C) live up to
D) live through（C）
49. I think the Red Team will win the final game; it's ________ that they will.
A) almost surely
B) rather possibly
C) very likely
D) quite certainly（B）
50. Television was not invented by any one person. ________ into being overnight.
A) Nor has it sprung
B) Nor does it spring
C) Nor did it spring
D) Nor can it spring（A）
51. She accused the man ________ breaking into her house.
52. He often stopped at the sound of his own steps and was afraid to look ________ shoulder.
53. Go straight into the cave and find out what's in there, ________?
A) don't you
B) do you
C) will you
D) can you（B）
54. The persons that have the greatest influence ________ children are their teachers.
55. Cambridge has announced plans to establish a business school ________ the master's degree in business administration.
56. Many Europeans ________ the continent of Africa in the 19th century.
57. The police are ________ the records of all those involved in the crime.
A) looking into
B) looking after
C) looking out
D) looking on（C）
58. Building that railway was very difficult and involved ________ ten tunnels.
B) having dug
C) to have dug
59. ________ with the picture. Mary tore it to pieces.
A) Dissatisfying thoroughly
B) Being thoroughly dissatisfied
C) To dissatisfy thoroughly
D) To be thoroughly dissatisfied（C）
60. ________ you are familiar with the author's ideas, try reading all the sections as quickly as you possibly can.
A) As long as
B) Ever since
C) So that
D) Now that（A）
61. ________ its hot sun and beautiful beaches. Hawaii is a fine place to live in or to visit.
62. Bob's leg got hurt ________ the Purple Mountains.
A) while he is climbing up
B) while we were climbing up
C) while we climbed up
D) while he climbed up（D）
63. There are certain ________ when you must interrupt people who are in the middle of doing something.
64. The time is not far away ________ modern communications will become widespread in China's vast countryside.
65. It was proposed that the matter ________ discussed at the next meeting.
A) will be
D) would be（D）
66. He didn't go to the party, but he does wish he ________ there.
A) would be
B) has been
C) would have been
D) had been（A）
67. Pick me up at 8 o'clock. I ________ my bath by then.
A) may have
B) will be having
C) can have had
D) will have had（A）
68. She was so angry that she felt like ________ something at him.
A) to throw
B) to have thrown
D) having thrown（B）
69. You should hire a more ________ manager than the one you currently have.
70. Pupils who pass the test will be ________ to the next grade.
分享于 2011-07-09 03:01:00